1. Definitions used in this Policy
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data or upon any set of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data are processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/we (activated or not) – ThalaTrading / Corpus Analyser
2. The data protection principles we follow
Data protection principles
We promise to respect the following principles of data protection:
- Processing shall be lawful, fair and transparent. There are legal grounds for our Processing activities. We always take your rights into account before processing Personal Data. Upon request, we will provide you with information about the processing.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing Activities are in accordance with the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected.
- Processing is carried out with minimum data. We collect and process only the minimum amount of Personal Data necessary for any purpose.
- Processing is limited in time. We will not store your personal data for longer than is necessary.
- We will do our best to guarantee the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information.
3. What rights do you have with regard to your Personal Data?
The Complainant’s Rights
The data subject shall have the following rights:
Right to information:
This means that you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is being collected, where it is being obtained and why and by whom it is being processed.
Right of access:
This means that you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your collected Personal Information.
Right to rectification:
This means that you have the right to request rectification or deletion of your Personal Data that are inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to delete:
This means in certain circumstances that you may request the deletion of your Personal Data from our records.
Right to restrict processing:
which means that, under certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
Right to object to processing:
which in certain cases means that you have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
Right to object to automated Processing:
This means that you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and are not subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You can exercise this right when there is a result of the profiling that has legal consequences that concern or significantly affect you.
Right to data portability:
You have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or, if possible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
Right to complain:
In case we refuse your request under the Access Right, we will give you a reason why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
Right to assistance from a supervisory authority:
This means that you are entitled to assistance from a supervisory authority and to other legal remedies, such as claiming damages. (See point 9)
Right to withdraw your consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
4. What personal information do we collect about you?
Data we collect
Information you have provided us with
This may include your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc. – primarily information needed to provide you with a product/service or to improve your customer experience with us. We will retain the information you provide us with so that you can comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information that is automatically collected from you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if any), etc. This information is used to enhance your customer experience. When you use our services or view the content of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly accessible information
We may gain information from publicly accessible sources.
5. How we use your personal information
How we use your Personal Information
We use your personal data:
- provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing other products and services you have requested; providing promotional items at your request and communicating with you in connection with those products and services; communicating and communicating with you; and notifying changes in services;
- improve your customer experience;
- fulfil any legal or contractual obligation;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent.
Based on entering into an agreement or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to offer you a service or to send/offer a product;
- communicating for sale or invoicing;
Based on legitimate interests, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalised offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- managing and analysing our customer base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety and availability of products/services offered/provided;
- using of customer satisfaction questionnaires;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider it legitimate to offer products/services comparable to or similar to your purchase history/browsing behaviour.
With your permission, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- for other purposes for which we have requested your permission;
We process your Personal Data in order to comply with legal obligations and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise and use the collected Personal Data. We will use data outside of the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We will retain your billing and other information collected about you for as long as necessary for accounting purposes or other obligations arising under the law, but no longer than the legal deadline.
We may process your Personal Data for additional purposes not mentioned here, but which are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. To do this, we will make sure that:
- the link between the purpose, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further processing would not harm your interests, and
- there would be appropriate safeguards for the processing.
We will inform you about further processing and purposes.
6. Who else has access to your Personal Data?
Who else has access to your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Information with strangers. Personal information about you may in some cases be provided to our trusted partners to enable the provision of the service to you or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with you:
Our processing partners:
- Mollie – payment portal (iDeal)
We only work with Processing Partners who are able to adequately protect your Personal Information. We will disclose your Personal Information to third parties or government officials where required to do so by law. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for doing so.
7. How we protect your data
How we protect your data
We will do our best to keep your Personal Information safe. We use secure communication and data transfer protocols (such as HTTPS padlock). Wherever possible, we use anonymisation and pseudonymisation. We monitor our systems for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Our website is actively secured with the appropriate software to prevent the hacking and placement of malware and spyware. Our website is hosted by a reliable and well secured company; vimexx.nl.
Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise that we will inform appropriate authorities of data leaks. We will also inform you if your rights or interests are at stake. We will do all that is reasonably possible to prevent security breaches and to assist the authorities in the event of breaches.
If you have an account with us, please note that you must keep your username and password confidential.
We do not intend to collect or consciously collect information from children. Our services do not focus on children.
8. Information about cookies
Cookies and other technology we use
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to make sites work. Only we have access to the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at browser level. Disabling cookies may interfere with your use of certain features.
See also the cookie statement that appears at the bottom of the homepage during your first visit or after you delete cookies in your browser.
- Necessary Cookies – these cookies are required to use a number of important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functional cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes it easier to use our service and allows you to offer more personalised features. For example, they may remember your name and email in the comment forms so that you don’t have to re-enter this information when you comment.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
You can delete cookies stored on your computer by adjusting your browser settings. Alternatively, you may manage a number of third party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
9. Contact Information
Phone: +31 70 888 8500